Jul. 18, 2013 – The Forsyth Sheriff’s Office conducted a large undercover operation over the weekend as part of its ongoing crackdown on selling alcohol to minors.
Three teams that each included an underage buyer, a plain-clothes detective and deputy in uniform fanned out throughout the county.
Of the 100 shops and restaurants they visited, 21 were cited for selling to minors.
According to the Times, it was the eighth such operation since January, when Sheriff Duane Piper took office, and officials said the effort will continue on a more frequent basis in hopes of educating business owners and workers about the dangers of underage alcohol sales.
Forsyth County businesses cited Saturday for underage alcohol sales included the following:
* Alpha Food Mart, 6700 Atlanta Hwy.
* Austin’s Steakhouse, 506 Lakeland Plaza
* BP, 901 Buford Hwy.
* BP, 2282 Canton Hwy.
* Castleberry Ale House, 5446 Bethelview Road
* Chepe’s, 5465 Bethelview Road
* Cigar Shell Shop No. 57, 1370 Buford Hwy.
* Circle M Foods, 4740 Jot Em Down Road
* Citgo, 8430 Browns Bridge Road
* Cumming Texaco, 720 Atlanta Hwy.
* Daniel’s Grocery, 2355 Pilgrim Mill Road
* Dragon Gate, 3280 Keith Bridge Road
* Lake Pointe Package, 5285 Lake Pointe Center Drive
* Lakeside Stop and Shop, 2380 Pilgrim Mill Road
* Laredo’s, 3480 Keith Bridge Road
* Leon’s, 5410 Matt Hwy.
* Mellow Mushroom, 410 Peachtree Pkwy.
* Mia Restorante, 2300 Bethelview Road
* Pacific Spice, 5485 Bethelview Road
* Pepperoni’s Pizza, 5063 Post Road
* Shell, 2310 Ronald Reagan Blvd.
[from the Times & The Forsyth County Police Department]
Copyright Glory 1330 2013