Aug. 15, 2013 – Something scary happened yesterday at McEver Elementary.
Authorities said they moved a group of after-school students after a construction crew nearby hit a natural gas line.
Though the leak was non-threatening, Fire Chief David Kimbrell said it was dissipating into the air and causing a strong odor.
Kimbrell said the response team was able to slow the leak and the gas company turned off the gas to the line and went on to say that the leak will not be an issue for commuters on the road.
School system spokesman Gordon Higgins said the construction crew had been working at the car wash behind the school and that everything should be back to normal today.
So, you have no reason to be worried about your children this morning.
Copyright Glory 1330 2013